Wednesday, March 3, 2021

It's the small things in life

 Our youngest son just made the most amazing discovery today..... 




Our friendly neighbourhood supermarket has a SECOND floor with all the stuff that I had been desperately trying to find, wondering why they did not have it on offer in just this store.

Now really, for having been in this supermarket almost daily to get fresh croissants or bread (bread tends to evaporate into thin air faster than one can blink in our home. Same goes for apples, even if one buys buckets of them) I totally had missed the stairway to my personal heaven of a complete grocery shopping experience. 

And most frustrating .... they even offer affordable, okay-quality yoga mats for only 20 dirhams!!!! 


This after I have been running around the whole neighbourhood (and it is not a small one) trying to get ok-looking yoga mats for a reasonable price. And I thought I had found them - in lime green for 30 dirhams. Nothing against lime green but lime green and yoga mats .... Well, I even bought a second one - in lime green!!! - so my husband and I could yoga together in complete colour harmony: 




So much for my first world problems and the day-to-day miracles of new spaces here in Dubai. 


No comments: